Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sunset in the north

I always believed that the sun set in the west. Then one day, I suddenly noticed that the sun was setting in the north-west. This evening, too, it set in that space that is neither west, nor north, but closer to the north than the west.

Since I first noticed the sun setting in the north-west, I made an effort to observe the precise location of the sunset throghout the year. I realised that it actually changes from the west to the north over a period of six months and then again gradully from the north-west to the west over the next six months. Yet I had somehow believed that the sun only set in the west.

We often make a certain hypothesis about many truths in life. The real truth is often different from what we believe in. Sometimes the truth is not clearly defined. It shifts like the sunset from my window.

1 comment:

Ilmas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.